Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do they know you're a Christian?

Hey everyone

I met an interesting person today. She works for Service Canada. I was at a seminar she was speaking at. When I went to ask her a question I began by saying "My husband and I just moved to NS for him to pastor a church and go to school." She interrupted me with a big smile and said "I'm a Christian too!"

Let me ask you something . . . could you say to someone "I'm a Christian" without knowing if the person you're speaking to is a Christian? Why are we so afraid to admit it? Some say "Oh, they'll know we are Christians by the way we act." Well the truth is, unfortunately, there are some Christians who don't "act" like Christians.

What does being a Christian look like? How will people know you're a Christian when they see you. Do you know that when we get to heaven God will ask us what we've done for Him. We'll have to answer for all those times we didn't say "I'm a Christian". Boy it's something to think about isn't.

Talk to ya later
Deb

No comments: